Office of National Drug Control Policy bannerskip
skip tertiary linksHome | About | Site Map | Contact

Home | Market Disruption | Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Provided for your convenience is a listing of the most frequently asked questions related to market disruption and enforcement. If you can’t find an answer to your question below, please contact us.

Where should I report illegal drug activity?
Please contact your local law enforcement agencies (city police department and/or County sheriff's office) with any information you may have concerning illegal activities. You can also contact the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Field Office responsible for your area or submit information anonymously using the DEA Submit a Tip online form.

Where can I view a listing of the zip codes included in High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) efforts?
We do not maintain a listing of all of the individual zip codes that are included in each of the HIDTAs. To locate information about the specific counties that are involved in HIDTA activities, please visit the HIDTA section of our Web site. From here, you can click on the HIDTA(s) of interest to find the geographic area of responsibility (listing of counties), phone number, and efforts of the HIDTA.

Are grants available for drug-related law enforcement efforts?
You can access information about drug-related funding opportunities for criminal justice agencies on the following Web sites:

If you are interested in receiving an e-mail notification when new grants are available from the Department of Justice or other Federal Agencies, please sign up for the Federal Grants.Gov Notification Service.

You may also wish to review the following Web sites for funding opportunities:

Please also contact the State Grant Administering Agency for your state to see if there are any funds available. Many Office of Justice Program's formula grants are awarded directly to State governments, which then set priorities and allocate funds within the State. You can view a listing of State Grant Administering agencies on the following Web site.

Market Disruption (Enforcement) News

More Blog News


HIDTA logo

The Anti-Drug logo

Above The Influence logo

skip navigationInformation Quality Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Feedback | Disclaimer | Accessibility | FOIA